Online BA in Economics
Our fully online bachelor’s degree in Economics provides students with an understanding of economic problems and institutions, and with the analytical tools to apply this knowledge to contemporary problems. The program is designed for students who desire a career in business, government, international agencies or multinational corporations; and for those planning graduate study in economics, business, law, public administration, urban studies or international relations.
Requirements for the Online B.A. in Economics
1. Lower Division Preparation (12 credit hours)
To qualify for admission to the B.A. program, FIU undergraduates must have met all the lower division requirements, completed 60 semester hours and have at least a 2.0 GPA.
You must take the following four courses as part of your lower division preparation:
- ECO 2013 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 2023 Principles of Microeconomics
- MAC 2311 Calculus I or MAC 2233 Calculus for Business
- STA 2122 Introduction to Statistics I or STA 2023 Statistics for Business and Economics
2. Upper Division Program (48 credit hours)
The upper division program requirements consist of a minimum of 48 credit hours, of which 18 hours are required economics courses, 15 credit hours are elective economics courses, and 15 hours are electives that may be taken in economics or other fields of study.