Ph.D. job market candidates for the 2016-17 recruiting season.
The faculty of the Department of Economics at Florida International University are pleased to announce the following Ph.D. students are expected to graduate this academic year and are actively seeking employment. Please click on the candidates name to visit their home page, and contact any candidate's advisor for additional information.
- Fields: Development Economics, Economic Growth, Health Economics
- Job Market Paper: "The Role of Health in Economic Development: Theory and Evidence From Sub-Saharan African Households"
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Advisor: Cem Karayalcin
- Fields: Financial Economics, Applied Time Series, Applied Macroeconomics
- Job Market Paper: "What drives the stock market fluctuation?"
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor: Xiaoquan Jiang
- Fields: Economic Development, Applied Macroeconomics, Public Policy
- Job Market Paper: "The Effect of Child Marriage on Children’s Health Outcomes: Evidence from Bangladesh"
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Advisor: Mihaela Pintea
- Fields: Financial Economics, International Economics and Applied Econometrics
- Job Market Paper: "Are Long-Run Effects from Oil and Gas Disturbances Different? Insights for Trinidad and Tobago"
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor: Prasad Bidarkota
- Fields: International Economics, Open Economy Macroeconomics, Applied econometrics
- Job Market Paper: "Value-added Trade, Exchange Rate Pass-Through, and Trade Elasticity: Revisiting the Trade Competitiveness"
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Advisor: Hakan Yilmazkuday